June 28, 2017
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Recommended Matcha Grade: 1) Culinary Grade Matcha 2) Premium Grade Matcha
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 800 g of peas
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 100 g margarine, cold
- 100 ml soy cream
- 2 sliced mint leaves for decoration
- Finely chop the shallots and the garlic and fry the thyme branch in three tablespoon-fuls of olive oil.
- Peel four tablespoons peas and set aside as an aside.
- Add the remaining peas to the shallot mix.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Add the vegetable soup. Cook for about 10 minutes until the peas are soft.
- Remove the thyme branch and thoroughly mash everything. Stir in margarine, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Leave the remaining peas in salt water for three to five minutes and quench in ice water.
- Soak the soy cream with the matcha and froth the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the heated peas into the plate and sprinkle with the soup. Garnish with fresh mint.