MATCHA ICE CREAM
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Ready in: 5 hours
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Take the matcha powder in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly into the matcha powder and whisk with an electric frother or a matcha whisk until it is completely dissolved.
2. Mix the cream and the matcha mixture in a pan. Add the vanilla essence. Place it over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes and keep stirring until heated through.
3. Whisk the sugar and eggs together in a bowl with the electric frother, Pour 1/2 cup of the hot matcha mixture into the egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Pour mixture back into the pot.
4. Cook and stir matcha mixture over medium-low heat until heated through, for about 3 minutes. Remove it from heat and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for approximately 4 hours, until chilled.
5. Pour the cooled down mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze. Your delicious matcha ice cream is ready!