June 28, 2017
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Matcha Grade: 1) Culinary Grade Matcha 2) Premium Grade Matcha
- 3 cups of peeled chickpeas(boiled)
- 3 Tablespoons of tahini
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon’s juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Matcha powder
Matcha Olive Oil:
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Matcha powder
- Pita Bread, Pita Chips, Apples, carrots and cucumbers.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the chickpeas and pulse them until they all breakdown and have a fine texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the hummus is smooth.
- Taste and adjust with extra salt, lemon, juice, tahini (for thickness), water (for thinning out).
- Add the matcha powder and process until blended and the hummus is green.
- Drizzle with some Matcha olive oil on top and serve with your favorite dippers like pita chips, apples and carrots.
- For the Matcha Olive Oil: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Enjoy!